Cookies and personal data policy
In order to search or book a holiday home through dancenter.dk you must accept cookies.
When you enter Dancenter.dk, you accept our cookies and personal data policy as described below.
The website: Dancenter.dk is owned by :
What is a cookie?
When you enter dancenter.dk or a subpage to dancenter.dk, you receive cookies automatically. A cookie on the hard disk is a small text file, which is stored on the hard disk of your computer so we can identify your computer when you visit our site the next time. There is no personal information hidden in our cookies. A cookie is not a programme and does not contain any virus. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can take a look at the paragraph called How to delete a cookie?
and see how you can totally or partly avoid receiving cookies or how you delete cookies stored on your hard disk
Please note: In case you choose to block cookies, the usability of the site will be limited.
How long does a cookie last?
Cookies have a certain shelf life and will then naturally expire. But after each visit they are renewed. A typical shelf life might be between 2 hours and 60 days depending on the single type of cookie.
How to delete a cookie?
Please see instructions here: http://minecookies.org/cookiehandtering
How to avoid cookies?
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can block them partly or totally. Please se instructions here: http://minecookies.org/cookiehandtering
The cookies used by DanCenter have different purposes:
Technical functionality so we are able to remember your preferences. We remember things for you so you can avoid typing the same things over and over again. An example could be:
- Typing of country, area and dates which we remember every time you make a new search
- The language that you have chosen will be remembered, and you will get the right information on terms and conditions, currency etc.
- You will be able to make a list of the holiday cottages that you have chosen on the site
- Web traffic measurement so we are informed about the number of visitors we have on our site, how long they stay there etc. This enables us to tailor the content of the site to the wishes of our users.
- Optimization of advertising so we can show you the advertisements that we consider the most interesting ones for you at the same time controlling that we will not send the same ones over and over again.
- Third part cookies can be cookies from:
- Google analytics (used for traffic measurement)
- Facebook: so we can see if the user is logged in on, for instance when the user “likes” a holiday cottage, participates in one of our competitions etc.
- Adform: for optimization of advertisements so we can show the most interesting advertisements to the users.
Use of personal data
When you ask for our catalogue or when you book a holiday home, we collect the following information: Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, if there is one. All this information is used for making the voucher or for the dispatch of the catalogue.
The information collected in connection with above two situations is kept for 5 years.
Protection of personal data
With reference to the law on personal data protection, your personal data must be kept in a safe and confidential way. We keep your personal data on computers with limited access, placed in controlled facilities. The safety measures are currently controlled in order to be sure that your data are kept securely, and we always take your rights as a user into consideration. However, we cannot guarantee 100% safety when we make data transmission on the internet. This means that there might be a risk that others unwarranted invade the data when they are transferred and stored electronically. Consequently, when you give us your personal data, it is at your own risk.
IAccording to the law on personal data protection you have the right to be informed about the data related to your person. In case the data are erroneous or misleading, you have the right to demand your person-related data to be corrected, cancelled or blocked. Whenever you may wish, you can raise objection against your data being processed. Whenever you wish, you can recall your consent to storage and processing of your personal data. You also have the possibility to complain about the storage and use of your personal data. A complaint must be made to Datatilsynet (Danish data protection agency) cf. law on personal data § 58, subsection 1.
Contact concerning personal data
If you wish to have access to your personal data registered by DanCenter, please contact us in one of the following ways:
Send a letter to: DanCenter A/S, Lyngbyvej 20, DK-2100 Copenhagen Ř., Att.: Jan Henriksen
Send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
If we have registered erroneous data, or if you have any other complaints, please contact one of above addresses. Here you can be informed about your personal data stored by us, or you can make a complaint according to the rules of law on personal data protection.
DanCenter, August, 2012